Is Touch Screen Notebook Or Laptop Worth It

truevagabond

Please tell me what do other members of the forum think about the Touch Screen Laptops as I am considering to buy one but does not know if it have any real benefit or advantage over using a laptop which does not have touch screen. Your help would help me decide if I should go with a touch screen laptop or not.

Hmm, before I would say definitely not, but now we have Windows 8 it could be worth it. I like the laptops that allow you to spin the screen around and make the laptop look like a tablet, I would get one of those. If it was just a normal laptop with a touch screen then I doubt I would use the touch screen much. At the end of the day it's up to you and depends on what you want?

I think it depends on what brand of the notebook or laptop do you want, and what operating system do you like most. For Windows 8, which is meant for touchscreen notebook or laptop, is perhaps the best to go for touchscreen. For Windows 7 or previous Windows operating systems, I would suggest you to stick with the non-touchscreen notebook or laptop because it gets very slow and lag because the operating system isn't meant for touchscreen technology. One thing to keep in mind is that if you own a mobile device and/or a tablet that both are touchscreen, I would not consider a touchscreen notebook or laptop because non-touchscreen computers are still much better to operate.

I have a touch screen desk top and I never use the touch screen functionality of it. It's more of a nuisance than a convenience most times. The only instance where it comes in handy is when my computer crashes and my bluetooth mouse and keyboard aren't responding. I can at least log in via the on screen keyboard to trouble shoot the issues and reinstall them. But if I had a spare plugin keyboard and mouse that would be just as good.

If your looking at one of those laptops that can double as a tablet, then perhaps I would go with the touch screen. But if it's like $100+ difference between a touch screen and non-touch screen model, I would just save the money personally.

You shouldn't even call it a notebook or laptop anymore. The correct name would be a tablet with keyboard attachment. If you want a laptop that has touchscreen then fine that is great. Though, I personally think a touchscreen laptop just isn't worth it.

Back