Is programming in general important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Blue

I believe it is not vitally important to learn programming, but I think it helps you understand how everything goes together.

Programming is all about logic, how to get from point a to point z. By learning how to put each step in the process you learn to be detailed, communicate more clearly, and eliminate assumptions from your thought process.

Programmers can not assume the computer will know what to do without a step in the program being included. This can cause alot of errors and a botched project. This cn be carried over into daily life as well. By communicating clearly with co-workers and friends, you can eliminate misunderstandings and arguments.

It can help when you are online to understand programming. It will help you realize how linking sites together can build your business faster. This is just another form of logical communications.

Agreed. If you want to actually learn a coding language, just like any other language out there, it is vital to learn the foundation of it. Learning how the actually thing works together with the numerous rules that come along with it.

Terminology and actual commands are easy work that just takes time, but should be no problem if you what everything actually means.

I completely agree that coding is a step by step process but I do not agree that it is not important to learn. I think about it this way; if I was moving to France would it not be important to learn how to speak the French language? In order to run a business on the internet or work with the internet you must know the language of the internet.

If you are working on alot of websites, you should atleast know HTML and CSS that you can change/edit anything on your site. It allows you to be flexible and it's not hard to learn. If you go onto w3schools, you can get really good at it within a day. As for php and above, it's really up to you. Early on if you have the time and not enough money to hire said coder, try it out for yourself. It's a skill that will be useful for the rest of your life, so if your not busy go for it. If not, it's not essential.

If you are working on alot of websites, you should atleast know HTML and CSS that you can change/edit anything on your site. It allows you to be flexible and it's not hard to learn. If you go onto w3schools, you can get really good at it within a day. As for php and above, it's really up to you. Early on if you have the time and not enough money to hire said coder, try it out for yourself. It's a skill that will be useful for the rest of your life, so if your not busy go for it. If not, it's not essential.

Agreed. I ask myself sometimes when i'm going to start or in the starts of coding if; There is an easier way? How hard will this be? What will i need to know before i do this? Can i use old tech. to replicate this?

It helps me out because I don't have to know 100+ languages to use one feature from each of them.

I completely agree that coding is a step by step process but I do not agree that it is not important to learn. I think about it this way; if I was moving to France would it not be important to learn how to speak the French language? In order to run a business on the internet or work with the internet you must know the language of the internet.

I agree completely with RealityTvAddict. I'm a programmer, and it's saved me a TON of money. It's also very convenient to be able to program whatever you want, and to not worry about finding a programmer for your projects, because you can do all the programming yourself. I think that makes programming pretty important.

For developing the logic, yes!

You can't say you're applying the programming in real time! It is something that you can not live without!

Just from the moment you wake up, everything in your life is very much programmed I will say!

Living in the digital age, I would say yes. Programming is important because all the things we do revolve around it. I've heard old people bash computers and say we're not as "self sufficient" as they were or whatever but the fact is they all have bank accounts, they have cars with radios in them, televisions, they all have security systems in their houses, and some of them even have cell phones. They all use devices that need to be programmed. And someone's ideas and hard work are at the center of that process.

I have learned Java from the ground up. I started with learning all the basic terms and whatnot, then I moved onto making basic programs. I had a lot of fun and I also agree to learning the building blocks are essential to learning a great program.

I believe that programming is very very important, and if it were possible, everyone in school should be taught on how to be programmers, not only does it make you to be focused and organised in your day to day activities, but also teaches you to pay extra attention to details.

I think they should be teaching programming to grade-school children, it's that important. Even if you don't go on to be a programmer, it should help with logical thinking.

I think they should be teaching programming to grade-school children, it's that important. Even if you don't go on to be a programmer, it should help with logical thinking.
Exactly, wouldn't it be so much fun when almost everyone was a programmer, or at least they know a thing or two about programming? I think we would have been having a lot of new inventions everyday.Thanks soliloquy for expounding on my point and making it much more clearer. :)

I think that knowing some code is a valuable skill to have. It may not be important to all people, but if you like to DIY when it comes to technology you probably want to know how to program. It is not necessary for all people to know, but for younger people interested in technology, I think programming is a valuable skill. Programming can be found just about everywhere nowadays, in general, it is important.

Programming is generally nice to know in web development. HTML is crucial when you're adding sections or ad spaces when you're using blogger, you have to have general knowledge of what tags do, and optimize them correctly. While I do not think it's crucial, since I'm running a blog right now with little to no knowledge of programming at all, it definitely helps things get done faster because I find myself searching on Google very often.

Unless of course you are not a programmer, there is no need for it. It is as simple as that. There are many Entrepreneurs who have websites and they even do not know about the HTML forget the programming. And they and their websites are really doing good. So definitely, it is something that you can Live, Exist and be Successful without any knowledge of it. You should be aware to use the technology and if you can do that it works out all very good for many.

I think progarming is not so important if your logic is clear basically programming is doing for develop your logical thinking so thats why...

I would say that learning programming is a great skill to learn, but it is not completely necessary (of course it depends on your field of work). However, if you were to lose your job, programming skills are in high demand. You could work for Google, Facebook, code games, websites, and the list goes on. Even to learn programming as a hobby is still quite enjoyable. You also have a high appreciation for game companies, software developers, and programmers in general.

programming are many benefits. program is easy way to handle the problem. There are many programming language is used c,c++, visual basic, java, Advanced java, Asp, SQL, Php are used in the programming. Programming are many benefits.C++ and java is fully object oriented programming Language. Java is high level programming language.java first name was the oak. Java is released 1995.

programming is very important concept.Programming is generally nice to know in web development. HTML is crucial when you're adding sections or ad spaces when you're using blogger, you have to have general knowledge of what tags do, and optimize them correctly.

Generally programming knowledge is must be necessary, its a foundation of all web and mobile technology. You can do any thing in this field easily if you know programming fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back