Is LinkedIn as good as other Social Networks?

Kina

Is LinkedIn as good as other Social Networks for spreading content? Or is really just for business. I have never used it but someone was asking me if they should create a profile for their site and I was not sure if it was worth the time invested. Do you share your content on LinkedIn?

It must be helpful the fact that they are doing it, they are creating companies profile and even linkedin groups and discussions. I myself have my own group which I invite users to join and it somehow works for me. I can see some sites have linkedin button on them so sure you should be treating your profile as if it represents it.

Linkedin is mostly used by business people and not like other social sharing or social book marking websites where most of the time fun things are happening. LinkedIn is mostly used for serious work and almost all its users are high profile. It is my personal experience that if linkedin is use properly you can build a very powerful network which can help to grow more.

Well, you should offer something to buisnies people(new partnership!) like design, website etc. In that case, you will find LInkedIn very important ;)

LinkedIn is good for networking with business people and professionals. I use it for lead generation for my local business. It not a general networking site. Spamming is strictly prohibited and your account will be closed swiftly.

LinkedIn is good for networking with business people and professionals. I use it for lead generation for my local business. It not a general networking site. Spamming is strictly prohibited and your account will be closed swiftly.

I know LinkedIn is a widely popular Professional Networking sites but never used for Lead Generation & not done any advertising on it.
Please share some tips about How to advertise there and generate leads from LinkedIn.

I think it depends on the type of business that you are trying to promote. LinkedIn is more for professionals, so you might be able to use it to promote a business-related industry. Other types of businesses, however, might do better on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Yes, I would say it is very effective in achieving its purpose which is to get connected in the business environment. If you attempt to do this on Facebook or Twitter, you might reach some sort of success, but since those sites were built for a more casual exchange, you ultimately will have very varying results and connections. LinkedIn is more specialized for business networking so if you are able to give fellow entrepreneurs good offers there, you should have be able to achieve a good amount of success with it.

Just know that LinkedIn is totally a professional networking social media site. Lots of professionals go there to network for professional type positions. I think some seem to feel you can promote work from home type of jobs, but I'm not sure how well they do on LinkedIn, I would certainly like to know how they do with this type of promoting. But as I said, I do believe the LinkedIn site is more for the corporate professional world, they seem to do lots of networking.

LinkedIn is the great social network site this is 9 PR site which as same as Facebook. so this is beneficial to use to promote your site.

LinkedIn is a very good social networking site. You can connect with many people with same interest like you through Linkedin and also can promote your site.

for business or job seeking purposes yes, but that's basically it, it's not really a social network like twitter or tumblr

I m not agree with you tara. I know LinkedIn is good networking site for business and professional people. But generating lead through LinkedIn. It seems that you are fishing in a bucket of water where never assume that one day you catch a fish from it.

Personally I have never bothered with the site, when I first joined it was a CV type site, since then I've been told it has added groups and a few other things. I'd put it a lowly fifth behind Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.

To me, LinkedIn is best suited to highly educated professional who want to be seen as popular among other highly educated professionals. It looked like it had potential when it was new, but now appears to be the least likely to succeed.

Back