Is it possible to block anonymous comments?

dconklin

I have been on Blogger since 2007. For one of my blogs I had to set the comments on moderation with the capcha which is a pain for my frequent readers. I noticed that I took a hit in commenting since adding the capcha and I get more spam now (may just be coincidence tho.) When I just had moderation set without capcha, I was getting a lot of anonymous and also comments containing adult content. Tho it went to moderation, I was clearing a lot of them out in a day and it was a bit disturbing.

Now with another Blogger blog I own, I like to have it set where my readers can all comment whether they have Wordpress, Blogger or anything else (and I don't like having that one on moderation.) The only problem is that if I leave it open to name and url, anonymous can post and then I have to go and delete them all. They are the only ones that are a problem (anonymous never leaves me a valid comment) and was wondering if anybody found a way to keep anonymous users from posting on your Blogger blog without affecting your other readers.

I get your point but I don't know anyway to keep anonymous off your site without affecting the others. And the fact is the only distinction between an 'anonymous' and the ones with 'name and url' is 'cause the latter specified some informations probably just to get a backlink. You want anonymous out, then you are invariably going to send the bulk of your commenters off.

My advice remove the captcha(or leave it) and turn on moderation of all comments. So, you can keep the ones you want. I know you don't want to stress yourself over deleting and all associated with it. Truth is, I don't like it too. But, all most all blog owners have to do that. So, what's the fuss(no offence) about?

You just have to start liking the clearing; I've manually deleted thousands of spam accounts and posts even when I could have used the help of an anti-spam bot. My reason is/was times without number I've been stopped by anti-spam bots when I was just an innocent user.

Back