Is It Legal To Unlock iPhone 5

I recently got a iphone 5 from my cellular company in US and got it on a 3 year contract and have paid only about 50 dollars for this phone. Now i am have to travel abroad and want to use this iphone while i am abroad but this iphone is locked to my carrier. In the mall i saw there were advertisements that the iphone can be unlocked but i am not sure if unlocking a cell phone or iphone 5 is legal in US or no.

If this is legal and without any implications then i would like to ask that what would happen in case i have to reset my phone . Will it again become locked or will it be unlocked after a reset.

The cell phone company gives you the phone and it enables them to make a lucrative contract with you and they will now be taking money out of your pocket for full 3 years and this was the only reason they gave you this cell phone for 50 bucks. I really can not say sure if unlocking a cell phone is legal or not but the company would lose nothing what ever you do with this iphone 5 now.

I don't see why it should be illegal, the phone is yours. When you take a phone out on contract the only important thing is the Sim card. I would double check if I was you, but I'm 99% sure there's nothing illegal about it.

When I worked for Apple, when I would get a call from a customer that had jailbreak the iphone and they asked for help. The very first thing we told them they *had* to do in order for us to help them was to reset the phone back to factory settings which meant the jailbreak phone would no longer be jailbroken. If they refused to do that, then we could not help them.

So what I am saying is that if you "unlock" the phone and something goes wrong with it, do not expect tech support to help you.

I recently got a iphone 5 from my cellular company in US and got it on a 3 year contract and have paid only about 50 dollars for this phone. Now i am have to travel abroad and want to use this iphone while i am abroad but this iphone is locked to my carrier. In the mall i saw there were advertisements that the iphone can be unlocked but i am not sure if unlocking a cell phone or iphone 5 is legal in US or no.

If this is legal and without any implications then i would like to ask that what would happen in case i have to reset my phone . Will it again become locked or will it be unlocked after a reset.
You can Unlock your iPhone 5 using Remote Unlock Method . To get Remote Unlock Service visit Unlocking4U.com . There you have to give your Country and current network name along with your IMEI number to get Remote Unlock Service.
In USA ,If your iPhone 5 is purchased before 26th January you can unlock it and it is legal . If the iPhone 5 is bought on or after 26th January ,then you need to get permission from the Service/Network provider before Unlocking the iPhone 5.

You can Unlock your iPhone 5 using Remote Unlock Method . To get Remote Unlock Service visit Unlocking4U.com . There you have to give your Country and current network name along with your IMEI number to get Remote Unlock Service.
In USA ,If your iPhone 5 is purchased before 26th January you can unlock it and it is legal . If the iPhone 5 is bought on or after 26th January ,then you need to get permission from the Service/Network provider to Unlock the iPhone 5.

Back