Is Domain extension (.com, .in, .org) has any effect on SEO?

.com and .org not effect in SEO more, but .in is effect more, becoz .in indicate that you're from India and you business locate in India, So google gives weight-edge to .in domain for India more as compared to com and .org. Same for other countries specific domain names.

Many SEO experts believe that there is no advantage to having a dot-com instead of a dot-net or a dot-org. The newer extensions like .biz and .info are less thoroughly tested, but I certainly see them come up in search results, and I can think of no reason why they'd be treated differently....

thanks Everyone ......

I used to think anything other than .com will not generally rank well. Thanks for sharing your practical experience....

Yes, the domain extension .com and .in has effect on SEO. The domain extensions like .in, .ca, .co.uk are used for specific countries and it is easy to rank for these types of domain extensions in their specific countries and ranking will get high very easily but for .com competition is very high and it will be difficult to get higher ranking easily.

Last edited:
Back