IP address effects SEO??

Michael

One of my friend is working with one project which is US based. But he is working from India and using "HMA VPN" software to get connected on US IP address. But some times due to Net Connectivity, IP address continuous fluctuate, sometimes US IP and sometimes Indian IP address.
So want to know that does it effect in site ranking or not?? And is Google consider it as spam? Please give me genuine reply. I need your suggestion please.

Its fine, google wont mark the website as a spam, IP address affects on the pages that ur linking to Your page i mean if You got 5 links to Your website from the same ip it can be marked as a spam.

A lot of companies will run MANY websites from one IP address.
Its one of those SEO myths.

Its possible ( unlikely ) that if your IP is located in a country thats notorious for spam and fraud then you may find it harder to get ranked.. But other than that, Its got nothing to do with seo

A lot of companies will run MANY websites from one IP address.
Its one of those SEO myths.

Its possible ( unlikely ) that if your IP is located in a country thats notorious for spam and fraud then you may find it harder to get ranked.. But other than that, Its got nothing to do with seo

I respond to this thread few days ago, got new experience to share :D
I register a domain in norway with local presence service from web-solutions and i work from Poland on it, IP adress shows Norway so i dont need to worry about IP adress anymore, maybe Your friend should do the same?

One of my friend is working with one project which is US based. But he is working from India and using "HMA VPN" software to get connected on US IP address. But some times due to Net Connectivity, IP address continuous fluctuate, sometimes US IP and sometimes Indian IP address.
So want to know that does it effect in site ranking or not?? And is Google consider it as spam? Please give me genuine reply. I need your suggestion please.

Yes, but not as you assume. The Google considers the IP address for better SEO rankings, but most of the cases to fine negative SEO rankings. For example you are submitting reviews for the same website with different Gmail Ids, the google identifies your id and consider as spam and gives negative rank.

I suppose, like someone mentioned earlier, if you keep on creating links from many sites with the same ip address, it does look suspicious and Google will probably take note of it. Other than that I don't see how one ip address would have more SEO value than another ip address. If there's such a thing, then those marketing people would have been blaring the news all over the internet.

Ip address are those types which is doing work on SEO.Some peoples are doing SEO which is belong to black hat category but on the other hand second ip is belong to white hat category.Ip address are those effects which is black hat...

Last edited:
Yes it affects. If your IP has been banned for once in google then itwill effest your ranking as well as the links you have created. SO make sure that the link you are going to create is spam free.

Back