Impressions

I've not been accepted into any impression paying ads. But, I suppose I would make something around 60 dollars+ if I was in one that paid 1 dollar per 1000 impressions. I get more than 2000 impressions everyday on the CPC I use.

MorgUK, have you been using any?

Not much to be honest. I don't make much from CPA ads.

I don't have them on my blog and forums.

Is it hard to get into CPM ads? I think I would prefer that over anything that would require my visitors to click through on purpose or by accident. I really want the ads to be as unobtrusive as possible and I was thinking that those would be the best kind for me to have without stressing over the revenue generated.

^
Yeah it's kinda hard, some of them don't even accept forums to their programs. But, you could try BSA. However, you can only make a lot provided that you get huge traffic per day.

Thanks. I've read in some places where it was hard, but in others that it is possible. I can see why, if it's a popular forum, no one is really looking at the ads, but I still don't get how a click per action or click through would work on a forum either. For the most part, people don't click the ads except by mistake. Well, I don't.

I've not been accepted into any impression paying ads. But, I suppose I would make something around 60 dollars+ if I was in one that paid 1 dollar per 1000 impressions. I get more than 2000 impressions everyday on the CPC I use.

MorgUK, have you been using any?

That's not bad! No I've not used any, just interested for the future. We've just started using CPC, so I'll give that a go.

Thanks. I've read in some places where it was hard, but in others that it is possible. I can see why, if it's a popular forum, no one is really looking at the ads, but I still don't get how a click per action or click through would work on a forum either. For the most part, people don't click the ads except by mistake. Well, I don't.

You are welcome. That's not really correct, if it's a popular forum then there's high chance of people looking at the ads. It all depends on the people using the site and the kind of niche. For example if it's a webmaster kind of niche, less people would take interest in the ads. But, if it's a multiple niches site, then there would be different people with different views about the ads.

I click on ads and it's never by mistake. In as much as I know what ads are, they do have useful informations. BTW, Shawn Hogan earns a total of 2million dollars from Adsense alone in a year meaning that CPC works wonders. The only one I'm skeptical about is CPA. Cost per impression on the other hand isn't such a waste of money because 7 out of 10 people would take a look at the ads.

You are welcome. That's not really correct, if it's a popular forum then there's high chance of people looking at the ads. It all depends on the people using the site and the kind of niche. For example if it's a webmaster kind of niche, less people would take interest in the ads. But, if it's a multiple niches site, then there would be different people with different views about the ads.

I click on ads and it's never by mistake. In as much as I know what ads are, they do have useful informations. BTW, Shawn Hogan earns a total of 2million dollars from Adsense alone in a year meaning that CPC works wonders. The only one I'm skeptical about is CPA. Cost per impression on the other hand isn't such a waste of money because 7 out of 10 people would take a look at the ads.

Well, I do have to admit that on this one board I frequent, I look at the ads because depending on the topic or even a post in the thread, some of the craziest banners pop up in response. Then, there was that one time when I blew my last ten on some McDonald's because of the ad.

I just hear so many people claim that they have ad blocker and they can't stand even the notion of an ad that I thought the advertisers were drawing a hard stance of payout because it takes so much to get people to respond. But, thank you, you've allowed me to be less hesitant about the different options.

That's not bad! No I've not used any, just interested for the future. We've just started using CPC, so I'll give that a go.

I'm also going to implement it in the future 'cause I believe it's a good way of making money provided that traffic is high. There's no need for any action on the users part.

Do any of you guys make much from ads that pay per 1000 (or whatever) impressions?

No - I use AvantLink and Commission Junction and my income from those advertisers have only earned me from actual sales made. Some advertisers only pay EPC for 1000K impressions for a limited amount of time. Depending on site traffic you may never reach those sometimes heavy limitations.

I don't because my visitors come from parts of the world that the advertisers are not interested in. Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia, China, and South America. Shame, because I have about 200,000 impressions a month and could make some decent money if they were interested.

At the moment I make about $0.10 and I have a feeling that it is the small amount of UK and American visits that generates me that.

Last edited:
An impression (in the context of online advertising) is when an ad is fetched from its source, and is countable. Whether the ad is clicked is not taken into account. Each time an ad is fetched, it is counted as one impression.

Because of the possibility of click fraud, robotic activity is usually filtered and excluded, and a more technical definition is given for accounting purposes by the IAB, a standards and watchdog industry group: "Impression" is a measurement of responses from a Web server to a page request from the user browser, which is filtered from robotic activity and error codes, and is recorded at a point as close as possible to opportunity to see the page by the user.

Last edited:
Back