Important rules of web designing-

Status
Not open for further replies.

preetisoft2

There are some things which you should consider-
1. Information in every page should be useful and valuable
2. Do not irritate your visiteres by pop-up windows
3. Include a menu on every page
4. Use contrasting colors or simple backgrounds to make your text easy to read.
5. Make the text large enough to read
6. Don't underline words if they're not links.

Do not use flash in excess. Page loading speed, Internal linking and navigation are also important factors to make the site good for users.

I have to add three more rules including above rules because those are basic but make very big impact on users :

Design user friendly navigation which will increase user experience for the site.
Keep unique content with visual display because users prefer to see visual content first.
Maintain consistency in web design.

In a one time on loading your index page first give only those information on loading time to the user which is first important to him or her...like Ncrads.com once check this site..

These are good tips, especially the pop-ups. When it comes to a site, the biggest turn off is in fact, the pop-up ads. This gives a message that the owner of the site is desperate for clicks, and also guarantees that the user will most likely exit out of the site because a lot of these sites contain malware or viruses.

These are good tips! Also, you can add that you should stick to a GOOD colour scheme and not have every piece of the rainbow on your website.

You can address a lot of these issues by simply building your site off of a solid CMS such as Wordpress, and starting with an established theme framework as your underlying layout.

I wouldn't even think of trying to code my own CMS from the ground up these days. Some of these CMSes have been in development for years and have teams of people working on them and testing them regularly. There is no way a single person can build something with comparable functionality in any reasonable amount of time all by themselves. Not to mention it's reinventing the wheel.

This is a really nice forum for understanding and its highly informative. The topic on importance of web design seems to be very informative.

Thanks for sharing tips.

There are some things which you should consider-
1. Information in every page should be useful and valuable
2. Do not irritate your visiteres by pop-up windows
3. Include a menu on every page
4. Use contrasting colors or simple backgrounds to make your text easy to read.
5. Make the text large enough to read
6. Don't underline words if they're not links.

Bieng a SEO, I would recooment to also add a HTML sitemap to website, Thanks

Hello friend, I usually design my websites as per need of clients. These days proper navigation and impressive presentation are considered. I would really suggest to build wordpress websites that are easy and handy for all. Thank you

Most important rule of web design is testing of that design on different browsers because browsers protocol defines actual design of the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back