Illustrator for Banners/Logo

garfish

I will be trying to learn Illustrator now I got an installer from a friend and I guess this should make me better banner/logo designer. I will be providing banner and logo services while I'll be learning other things to become a web designer but for now, I'll be learning Banners and logo using illustrator. Is this the right software to begin creating logos and banner or Photoshop, which is which?

I will be trying to learn Illustrator now I got an installer from a friend and I guess this should make me better banner/logo designer. I will be providing banner and logo services while I'll be learning other things to become a web designer but for now, I'll be learning Banners and logo using illustrator. Is this the right software to begin creating logos and banner or Photoshop, which is which?

Well the main difference between Illustrator and Photoshop is that Illustrator uses vectorized images.
You should make a little search about it if you don't know what it means.
And most companies use Illustrator for it, since you can create the logo and constantly change sizes/definitions etc that you won't lose any image quality.

I have actually researched things like these days before I get to decide where I'd be going to my designing career. And so vector images are preferred so that when the image is re-size it won't affect its pixels as compare to raster-based images.

What I will be studying for now is to create banners and logos. I understand it also has templates ready but then creating them will be my greatest challenge so I will be joining some graphic contest to learn bit by bit while I get to have a chance to earn :D

Illustrator is a great program to learn, but it does have a bit of a learning curve to it - especially working with the pen tool, which can be a little confusing at first. Vector images have a lot of advantages, but there will be times you still need to incorporate photographic images as well. If you are talking about creating banners for web pages, I would generally use Photoshop for those. But if you are talking about actual banners to print and hang up, I would work primarily in Illustrator for those.

So basicly You dont need ilustrator to make baners and logos - u use ilustrator to make nice vector graphics, i always use photoshop for that, if i need vector i go straigh to corel :)

You can create web banners in Illustrator as well. In fact, down the road, it might be more practical to use Illustrator if you are getting into animated banners which benefit from using SVG vector shapes to keep the file sizes down and remain sharp on multiple resolution devices. It's just that Illustrator is a vector based application at heart, and as a result, isn't capable of some of the photographic quality effects that Photoshop is better suited for. Ideally you would use both applications, not one or the other exclusively.

You can do it in MS Paint if you can. But yes, Illustrator is made to do just that. Its a vector drawing application, and it has the tools for the job. Now in comparison to Photoshop, yes you can do it there, but the vector aspect of Photoshop is a little iffy in my opinion. Also, Illustrator is vector, which means you can stretch them as tiny or as big as you want and never worry about the pixels, but its more for print than for web though. Since these vector can take up some space, maybe its not that ideal for web. But I suggest you take a shot at Illustrator and once you know how to make good logo's, offer it as an extra service to make you some extra money.

Back