Hulu and Adblock Plus

OhioTom76

Does anyone know what the deal is with Hulu and AdBlock Plus? They used to block Hulu ads back in the day, then Hulu would ask you if you would like to give their site permissions instead. Now it seems AdBlock doesn't block Hulu at all any more and worse yet you need to manually find the filters on your own and add them youself as custom filters. Then on top of that, periodically somehow these filters are getting wiped out from AdBlock. I'm not sure who is responsible for theim disappearing randomly, but this is getting annoying. It wouldn't surprise me at all if AdBlock was jumping the shark and taking kickbacks from certain companies in exchange for not blocking them.

I haven't noticed any changes, but I have Hulu as an exception. I don't have to manually give Hulu permission.

Yes, the commercials are annoying, but I find something else to do. If it's an annoying commercial, I will mute my computer.

It could be cause Hulu paid the developer to disable it for their site?

Would not be strange if the developer was paid off as ad block is usually blocking ads that these sites earn from. I still know that that this plugin works for all youtube ads.

I've added the filters manually, but every so often, the disappear on their own. I'm assuming it has something to do with either my lists being updated automatically, or either AdBlock itself is removing it, or Hulu has some scripting on their site that can do that. Regardless of what is causing it, it is really obnoxious.

Back