How to Sync my gmail Contacts with iphone

sweepswollon

My gmail account is my primary account now for a while and there are more than 150 contacts which i have in my Gmail Contact. Now i have got a new iPhone 5 and i want to import my contacts from Gmail account to my iPhone as i do not want to do it manually as it can be a very exhaustive task. Is there any application available which can help me to Sync my contacts from gmail on regular basis.

Recently Google announced and introduced an open protocol called CardDAV and this will allow most third party clients, including the native iOS Contacts app the ability to sync with Google Contacts. I hope there will be some other way around to this too but this was the most simple and effective method that i think is currently available.

It's very easy to get them,
. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Press Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. iOS 4.0+ allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you're on a device that doesn't let you add a second account, you could also use IMAP to sync Gmail, CalDAV to sync Google Calendar, and CardDAV to sync contacts.
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.

iOS6 users click here to follow these setup instructions:

6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.

I just hope it will work for you as soon as possible.

Back