How To Remove 404 Backlinks ?

Manoj

I have one question please help me in this. my old site was in .Net & then i switch it to wordpress but google is still crawling .net pages with their backlinks & those backlinks are 404..what can i do now ? to remove those backlinks & those .net pages of my website so that google doesn't crawl them.

Every time i check crawling errors in google webmaster tool it shows those 404 backlinks..:( once i had for my .net website web pages.

Hello Manoj ...

Google does not "index" pages that actually do return a 404 code - as that means the page does not exist. You may run into an instance where an old page is still in the index after having been removed - but they will be dropped the next time g tries to reach that URL. The other case would be a 404 that is served as a 301/302 redirect to a custom page - in which case you are not technically linked from a 404 page.

Prakash

Thank you for your reply :) but why google webmaster is showing me crawling errors then ?

Actually what really happened is that
suppose i have a website in .net then i thought i should switch to wordpress & then i switched every single file or page that i needed.
i was working or doing seo on that .net website, i build backlinks but after switching i didn't build any backlinks to that wordpress site & now issue is that
how can i remove backlinks from other websites those i build for back then & now these .net pages doesn't even exist even on my website. i completely removed those one's when i was switching :(

Use Google webmaster tool to remove your 404 errors from your website.

Back