How to Optimize a Single Domain With Different countries ?

ayushbajaj

Hello friends !

I am here to ask you that what is the best way to optimize a single domain with different countries. Actually I have a web site and I am going to start my business in Canada also. So I just want to know that What I will have to do for this ? Should I have to create a subfolder of page for this foreg : xyz.com/CA or should I have to go with subdomain i.e ca.xyz.com or Should I have to buy a new domain for this by using .ca regional extension i.e xyz.ca ??
Plz tell me friends what I will have to do to optimize my site and why ? Is there any company who used the subfolder type technique and got good results. Suggest me please .

Thanks!

Last edited:
Their is no need to purchase a new domain, from two option sub-folder and sub-domain, best option is to create sub-domain. You create a region specific sub-domain like ca.xyz for canada and submit it on google webmaster tools and set geo targeted location canada. For other countries, do same process and optimize the sub-domain according to main domain.

Recently I got a project which is single .com domain and it needs to be targeted to different countries. It`s an e-commerce site and had good rankings in US, now it needs to improve rankings in UK and AU also. I went through some webmaster forums to get the best picture how to start it with single domain to target multiple countries. And I got few interesting points, thought to put it here so that it might help you.
Initially starting with the domain structure

Its not a good decision to target different countries with same domain URLThough you have three options for that.

1. Go For Different TLD(top level domain)

Be sure that product description and content on the pages differs.

2. Take Sub-domains

It is also recommended that you can take sub domains for different countries like for UK & for AU.

And same as above make sure content differs from one other.

3. Create Folder For Multiple Countries

All these 3 types are recommended in Google web-masters site.

Back