How to gain Weight

kilato

I am too slim. My family, relatives always point me.:upset: I want to gain some weight. Tell me some steps to follow. I eat and eat and eat a lot but.. :(
Any suggestions please ?

You can eat a lot but what you're eating might not be good for gaining, or you could be like me and have a thyroid condition which makes it almost impossible to gain weight without intaking 3500 calories a day (which i do, but i'm 6'1" 190lbs and a AM MMA fighter, so i need the extra energy.) An average person who is not training 6 nights a week, and who is of average height and weight should only need 2500 calories a day tops. - This is something you should talk to a nutritionist about, as they will be able to give you the proper numbers based on your size and weight (bmi)

Ultimately, you're going to want a diet that is high in the right kind of carbs, calories, proteins and sugars, while getting enough exercise that it doesn't just turn to fat. You're also going to want to stay away from microwaved food, because microwaves change the molecular structure of food, and your body can no longer recognize the nutrients, and will store those nutrients in the form of fat cells.

You're going to want to be eating 5 smaller meals a day, rather than 3 bigger ones. You're going to want to focus on eating things like...

-Peanut Butter - loaded with carbs, proteins and the right sugar. Best for quick breakfasts (peanut butter on brown bread/toast)
-Meat - Healthy mix of white and red, from greatest protein value to least would be, Beef, eggs, pork, fish and chicken.
-Pasta - Pasta is an amazing source of carbohydrates which will help you retain more weight
-Fruit - you need the fructose in fruit to maintain health, mood and energy.
-Vegies - Mom and Dad always said to eat your greens if you wanted to get big and strong, and they were right. if you're not eating green veggies, you're missing out on A LOT of nutrients that your body needs.
-WATER - Water is ESSENTIAL if you want to gain weight. Your body is made up of 70% water, and when you're processing food, or working out, you're burning through that water, and if your body doesnt have enough, you will shrink instead of gain. That being said, if you supplement incorrectly, or drink TOO much water, your body will retain too much water and your results will be aesthetic at best.

If you maintain a regimented diet, and you get proper exercise, you should have no problem gaining some weight ;) my main suggestion would be to find a reputable MMA gym and start training hard, a coach in an MMA gym should be able to help guide you better as well. MMA might seem scary at first, but the hardest part is going, and you will feel better about yourself for doing so.

Last edited:
I would suggest doing the starting strength routine if you are new to weight lifting. The best way to gain 'good' weight as I am assuming you do not want to be fat, is to lift heavy and eat a lot. Bench press, squats, deadlifts, military press, barbell rows, all of these compound lifts will help you to bulk up - assuming you eat a lot at the same time.

Back