How to decrease the bounce rate of a webpage?

Using strong Call to Action within the text of the webpage (Known as contextual CTA), alongside with the content, improving design of the page, adding links to the related content, increase the speed of webpage loading, designing easy and user friendly navigation and overall creating a responsive design

Try to /make your website attractive for a visitor so that they can spend more time on your website. you can post Some animated videos on your website to attract users.

One good way is to add a plug in that pops up a related article when the user gets to the bottom of the page.

Informative content, appealing website design & theme, page load time, smooth navigation between different pages of the site and site architecture all the factors are important to get down the bounce rate of a site.

Having content that has internal links links to other articles can keep a user on your website longer. In addition, have all photos hosted on your website so the user can stay on your site. Having lots of pictures and articles that are engaging to a user will keep people on your site. Furthermore, just having keywords that benefit people on your site and content that is related to your keywords will keep people interested!

The first thing to do is not to have misleading tags or misleading titles. This will bring the wrong kind of visitors who are looking for something else. The next thing to do is to make sure that your content is focused. Nobody is interested in some rambling wishy-washy drivel that contains no useful information. And they can see that in the first few seconds. So if you use tags and titles which bring visitors who are looking for what you have on your site and your site has content with the information they are looking for, they will stay. And come back again. Which means you have to update your content regularly.

Some publishers like to interlink their articles particularly those articles that are related and has keywords on it. By making this, the readers will eventually stay on the website circumventing the pages to find out more of the information they need. Thus decreasing the bounce rate. I like doing this because it makes my website like its full of info.

The developer who built your site might have worked exclusively in Firefox and failed to check its performance in Internet Explorer, Safari, and Google Chrome. Unfortunately, parts of your site that load fine in one type of browser struggle in others, says Whitmore. Your analytics tool can break down bounce by browser type to see if this is the culprit.

You need a reliable host for starters! There is no point in doing all you can do as a developer / designer, and then your cheapo hosting company goes down for a week, or takes forever to load a page. Your website needs to be reliable, or else people are just going to give up on it and head elsewhere. Having a website which is light on ads, and high on content is a good way to keep visitors on your site for a long time. Sometimes it can be just one annoying little thing, that you and me mind harmless, but it completely turns a visitor off the site. For me, personally, it is background music!

You want to refer users back to your own content rather than to someone elses as well so if the users reads and article on X, you can try and related them back to article Y via some related post links at the bottom of your content page.

Having relevant keywords is also super important, because if someone visits your website for, example, Apples, and your website is about Cows they are going to leave pretty fast!

I am trying something which seems to improve the bounce rate on my site. It's called Quick Notice bar. There's a free version available. With this, you can setup up a bar at the top of the page with a message to click to get somewhere else on your site. I use the pro version and I can put the bar on any four sides of the screen. So far, by looking at the stats, I see that my visitors are clicking on the bar. That means they are staying longer than usual.

I believe this is what you mean victor, WordPress › Quick Notice Bar « WordPress Plugins How much improvements did you notice after installing it?
I haven't installed it yet but maybe there is also a way to add adsense code with it so users will also click it. :D

Yes, that's what I am talking about. There are many different plugins which can do, more or less, the same thing but I found, by trial and error, that this one works on my sites. Yes, you can add all kinds of things to it but those options are found in the pro version. That's why I bought the pro version. It's only 10usd. One-time payment. You can make multiple bars and they rotate. So what you have in effect is a bar at the bottom of the page, as in my site, which changes color and changes messages all the time. On my sites, I found that clicks on the bar make up about 50% of all the page views.

If you are using informative and quality Content then bounce rate would be less. If visitor finds the web page is less informative then he/she switch immediately.

Back