How to code a web cam script?

bauss

I want to code a script where I can view my web cam on a web page, and allow other users to view my cam on the page.

Anyone know how to do this or a good tutorial? I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, because I need this for a big feature I'm planning to code on my site.

You should probably go with a commercial web cam service that will allow you to send a feed to their servers then let them broadcast the feed for you. They will be better suited to handle large amounts of traffic and it will be a lot less strain than trying to serve video to all those users off of your computer directly. Once you create an account with them and start sending them your video feed, they will likely give you some code to embed in your site which will display the video feed.

You should probably go with a commercial web cam service that will allow you to send a feed to their servers then let them broadcast the feed for you. They will be better suited to handle large amounts of traffic and it will be a lot less strain than trying to serve video to all those users off of your computer directly. Once you create an account with them and start sending them your video feed, they will likely give you some code to embed in your site which will display the video feed.

I'd rather code it myself. Do you know any tutorials? There's a lot of custom features I need to add to it, and I don't want to use a commercial service for that.

Back