How to clear IE search history?

sweetcorn

I was searching for a way i can delete the browsed history on Internet explorer. How do i delete my history on This browser?

Up to no good are we? Ha just kidding. But to delete your internet history from internet explorer, please follow these steps:

-Go to Tools, located in the top left corner of the screen.

-There should be an option named "Delete browsing history..."

-Click on this option, and it will open into a form of sorts where you can specify you what exactly you want deleted (cookies, history, etc)

-After you are satisfied with the configuration, click "delete" and let it do it's thing.

-???

-Profit. :)

If you ever need to clean multiple browsers, or clear hidden cache and bits and bobs then download CCleaner. It cleans it all, along with other junk files on your PC. Has a good registry cleaner too. I've used it for years, much recommended!

There are also hidden files like the index.dat file that cannot be removed unless you use additional cleaning software. These can only be deleted when not in use so the software will remove it when the computer boots up. I think CCleaner and windows washer do this, or you can find smaller software just for that task if you're looking for something with a smaller footprint.

Go to Tool or History option locates on top of the browser, depending on what web browser you use. Then there's an option called Clear History, click it and done.

Back