How to change operating system????

Prince25

i am want to know how operating system install in a pc and what operating system is best for working.and if i want to install 2 or more operating system in pc then it work properlly or not?????????????:upset:

You cannot install more than one operating system, only one. I recommend Windows 7 since it is widely used throughout the world and is fairly simple to navigate around, and user. Windows 8 is also the updated version of 7, but is a bit harder to use since they changed the interface, and added a lot new options.

+1 for Windows 7, assuming you have a decent computer that will run it. If you want to test another Operating System then i recommend you install VMware player which is a virtual computer. This means you can keep your existing OS and run the other virtual computer as well, on top of whatever you are using. Dual-booting can be done, but is only recommended if you are tech savvy. If you don't install it properly you might erase all your data and mess up your existing OS.

I have an old laptop and considering replacing the Windows OS with a light version of Linux. I have been doing some research on the topic. It is possible to partition your hard drive to run both Windows and another OS. There are some version of Linux that will do the partitioning for you.

You cannot install more than one operating system, only one. I recommend Windows 7 since it is widely used throughout the world and is fairly simple to navigate around, and user. Windows 8 is also the updated version of 7, but is a bit harder to use since they changed the interface, and added a lot new options.

This is incorrect! You can install as many operating systems as you like! You just need to do some research and look into bootloaders. Google how to install Linux alongside Windows are you'll see what I mean. I've had Windows 7, Ubuntu and OSX on one machine...

It depends on the processor of your computer, plus if there's enough memory to do so. Keep in mind that changing a new operating system on your computer may slow down the computer because it needs to get adjusted to the new software and whatnot. Another thing is that it depends on which operating system will your computer support. Make sure you determine the optimal operating system that your computer will likely to operate properly without having any lag or slow down. I think having two different operating systems are alright as long as your computer has enough internal memory and a good processor.

You can install multiple operating systems, provided you have enough total hard drive space. The process generally involves partitioning your drive into multiple virtual drives then installing each OS on a separate partition. Then there are separate apps that can take over your booting process to ask which partition you want to boot from. I've only done this once like 10 years ago, and found it to be more of a hassle than it was worth, personally.

How to Install a New Operating System on Your Computer
1. Determining Which Operating System to Install
* Check the system requirements
* Decide whether to purchase or download
* Research your software compatibility
* Obtain your new operating system
* Backup your data
Installing Your New Operating System
* Determine your installation order
* Boot from your installation disc
* Try your Linux distribution before installing
* Wait for the Setup program to load
* Enter your product key
* Choose your installation type
* Format your partitions
* Set your Linux options
* Wait for the installation to complete
* Create your Windows login
* Install your drivers and programs
Installing Specific Operating Systems
* Install Windows 7
* Install Windows 8
* Install Ubuntu.
* Install Mac OS X
* Install Linux Mint
* Install Fedora
* Install Mac OS X on an Intel or AMD computer (Hackintosh).

It depends on the processor of your computer, plus if there's enough memory to do so. Keep in mind that changing a new operating system on your computer may slow down the computer because it needs to get adjusted to the new software and whatnot. Another thing is that it depends on which operating system will your computer support. Make sure you determine the optimal operating system that your computer will likely to operate properly without having any lag or slow down. I think having two different operating systems are alright as long as your computer has enough internal memory and a good processor.

This is incorrect, having 2 different OS's on a machine is not dependant on CPU or RAM, but physical storage space as OhioTon76 has said.

You can have more than one OS because I currently have it. I have Windows XP and a Ubuntu installation currently with no problems. Though, if you system can't handle two OS then you have to delete your old partition. Just remember that any files you need have to be saved somewhere so you won't lose them!

You can have more than one OS because I currently have it. I have Windows XP and a Ubuntu installation currently with no problems. Though, if you system can't handle two OS then you have to delete your old partition. Just remember that any files you need have to be saved somewhere so you won't lose them!

I think what he meant was that you can't have two OS installs on the same partition, especially when your system is the only one.

At any rate, you can basically just back up all of your files and write them to DVDs/upload them somewhere, then slap in a disc and boot from it. Even most Linux distros have straightforward user-friendly installers that really are just a bunch of "next" buttons you have to click, and a couple checkboxes to select between the options you want.

If you are going to install more than one operating system on your PC, I would advice to install first Windows then the other if it is Linux based. This is exceptional to a Mac. I have tried before to install linux first and I got a lot of troubles installing Windows. I got a lot of errors. Also if you just need to test the OS, use a Virtual Machine software to test the operating system before installing it.

Not only can you do it, but it's reasonably easy. Of course, all of the operating systems must be compatible with your hardware. Assuming your PC is less than five years old, it should be able to take Windows 7 and 8, along with almost any type of Linux. Just remember that you'll need paid-for licenses for each version of Windows you install (not an issue with free Linux).

I'll walk you through installing Windows 8 onto a Windows 7 PC. With minor differences, this should work with other operating systems, as well.

HOW OPERATING SYSTEMS ARE CHANGED
When installing an operating system from scratch, you'll typically need a bootable USB drive or stick. "Bootable" means that the drive or stick is capable of superseding your current operating system's boot process. Once you boot to the drive, the process is similar to the installation of any other program or app. Some installers come with a software program that will initiate the boot process from within the current operating system, but you should check the documentation for the new operating system to ensure compatibility

Back