How often do you upgrade?

kai_uk

Desktop computers generally have a longer lifespan than laptops. I've had mine for over 5 years! Do you follow the latest hardware upgrades and replace your computer when the next generation of CPU's is released or do you simply upgrade parts when things get slow?

I have upgraded my graphics card, RAM, and HDD but the computer still works fine.

I usually upgrade a part every now and again, but I try and get a new system every 3-5 years as I just love building PC's! I'll always try and keep HDD's, cases and PSU's as they can be used on any build.

I don't normally have my laptop long enough to need to think about upgrading, as they usually break (I'm rather clumsy), but on the rare ocassions I keep things updated thanks to a number of scripts that tell me when I need to upgrade drivers. hardware and programs.

I have a laptop, which is the MacBook that I purchased back in 2003. I haven't upgraded ever since I got it. I don't usually upgrade to a new computer unless it is broken or no long function.

Back