How important is the ratio between followed and nofollowed links?

There is no specified ratio of nofollow and dofollow links but yes mixture of both is good because both have their own values and we can diversify our backlinks portfolio also.

Dofollow and nofollow links? From what I understand, dofollow links are supposed to draw search bots away from our sites because they dofollow the link. So from that standpoint, it doesn't seem beneficial to allow dofollow links. However where links are concerned it's very much a you-scratch-my-back-I-scratch-yours situation. So if you only have nofollow links, nobody is going to link to your site either. Myself I don't mind having all dofollow links. In the hope that other sites will allow me to get dofollow links from them, too.

I don't think this is really very important at all these days. Google (which is the only company anyone counts in this sort of thing) have realized people manipulate their links and essentially made this ratio defunct. It's much more important to have valid, often updated, original content than pretty much anything else. Okay, high PR links to you help too!

As for PR (Page Rank), it's a bit stupid in a way. The only people who really care about it are advertisers, and if you advertise too much on your site, Google lowers your PR. Catch 22. No one else really gives a frack either.

How important is the ratio between followed and nofollowed links?

Maintaining a good ratio between dofollow and nofollow is what all makes your link building looks natural.

Its not good to have ALL dofollow, or ALL nofollow, but a mixture of both is what seo experts recommend. When you think from a spiders point of view, you will see why this ratio is important. This is a debatable topic, because you will find many who will say 'nofollow' links is of no use, but experience shows they are. Maybe these are not as good as dofollow, still they are needed to make things looks natural.

When it comes to seo, its all about trial and error. Google's ranking algorithm is a secret, and you need to try and see what works.

Last edited:
Back