How do backlinks affect my rankings?

Back links are essentially a vote that shows Google how popular or relevant your site is, a directed (voted) form the linking site.
If you have 1000 back links from a site that's not related in any way to your site, will be of no value to you.

Gain quality back links that give benefit to site, are links gained from other niche related and high PR sites.
The best way to do this is create great content about your products an services that people want to read and share. Engage in social networks, forums & guest blogging (to name a few)

The more quality "votes" you earn from relevant, high PR sites and social network engagement, the better you site will rank.
Definitely quality over quantity, 1 relevant high PR back link is 100 times more powerful than 1000 irrelevant low PR back links.

If you create quality backlinks then it would be beneficial to your website. Quality backlinks can be created on high PR sites related to your niche. It helps in promoting the site.

Backlinks help in the promotion of the keywords of the website.High quality acquired backlinks helps to increase the page rank,positions but low quality backlinks can lead to penalization and also spamming which affects the website in ranking for the keywords.

>short period of time more backlinks are not good.
>Follow the back links strategies to avoid any penalties by search engine updates

backlinks helps in improving ranking
methods for getting backlink for a site are:
1) there are various online directories avaailbale where you can submit your website in the proper category (these directories aloow 3 types of links : i) free ii) reciprocal iii) paid inclusion.
I suggest you to go for free inclusion whereever possible
Paid inclusion should be done only if the directory has good page rank otherwise its waste of mony
Reciprocal links are of no use as google doesnt give weightage to them.
2) also post the details of your website in classifieds which is a better and quick ways to generate backlinks.
3) Article marketing is also a good way to generate quality backlinks.
4) Use social networking websites and create your profile and participate in discussions and q&a there, it will also help you increase backlinks.
you can also hire experts from SEOclerks.

Back