How Can I Remove Links From Websites Not Under My Control

stalsi

Got a warning from inside Google webmaster tools that my website have some unnatural links. I do not know what to do about it because all the links are on other websites which are not under my control and i am not the one who put on these links there on the first place. What can i do to remove those unnatural looking links from the other web pages. Any suggestions. I am asking it because there are 100 of websites which have these links and when i tried to contact web masters of those websites i did not got any response from them and i am feeling helpless that these links can not be removed.

Is there a way out of this problem

First option, You can request to the webmaster of those from where your site got unnatural links.
Otherwise you can also upload a notepad file with .txt extension that contains unnatural links domain to Disavow in Google Webmaster tools.

The best thing to do is manually contact the webmasters of the bad backlinks that are directing to your website. The disavow tool would be good for a large quantity of bad backlinks, but if it's only like a few 20-30 then you're better off removing them manually.

Contacting the Webmasters is usually useless. Most of them are automated scraped sites. You need to use the disavow link tool in Google and Bing.

All excellent advice. Just want to add one thing: the way I hear it from folks online, you should ALWAYS ask for a link removal (and keep the email) first, then use the disavow tool. If you haven't asked, Google can get a bit odd about it, so I hear.

That's pure hearsay, though, not experience. :smug:

Contacting the Webmasters is usually useless. Most of them are automated scraped sites. You need to use the disavow link tool in Google and Bing.

Maybe it is, but if it's an active monitored website then it won't hurt to try. It's better to completely get rid of the backlink instead of telling Google to ignore it.

Back