How Are You Adjusting to Answer Engine Optimization (AEO) for Voice Search?

Ramya Ram

Hey friends,

Hello, everyone knows how voice assistant like Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant are changing the way we search for information about particular topics. How cool is it that our content can feature as the direct answer when people ask voice searches? This is where Answer Engine Optimization (AEO) comes in-end.

I've recently been learning about AEO strategies and thought it'd be a good time to share some of what I've learned so far and get your thoughts:

Structured Data: Have any of you started marking up your site with structured data markup - whether an FAQ, How-to or Q&A schema? I have noticed that, if anything, it's really helped Google understand the content more clearly, and it is intrinsic for getting your answers to show directly in search.

Voice search optimization: the content needs to be more conversational. Do you all write content with natural language and longer, question-driven phrases? I'm experimenting with targeting more long-tail keywords that mirror how people ask questions out loud, like "What is the best way to optimize my blog for voice search?"

Focus on First-Hand Experience: I read that Google's new EEAT guidelines have come to focus much on first-hand experience, in simple words, experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. So, I tried to inject more real-life case study and illustrations in my posts so that they could be authoritative. Is it working for anybody else?

Mobile & Page Speed: Fast-loading pages are always a win, especially for mobile. Curious though—what tools are you using to help improve page speed and mobile optimization? I started off with Google PageSpeed Insights, but I'd love to hear any other tips, too!

Adore hearing about how people are making adjustments to the SEO strategy to adopt this new AEO trend, especially voice search and featured snippets. Let's talk!

Back