Hot air from computer

kai_uk

It is winter now and we're all looking to save on our energy bills while the electricity companies fleece us with all their price hikes. Have you thought about trying to use the heat from your computer to warm up your area e.g. facing the air vents towards you?

I never tried it but thought it might work.

Well I've had my computer heat my room before, I was streaming 24/7 though :) I remember someone upgraded their graphics card and in the cons they said that the card is so cool, but unfortunately it doesn't heat the room any more haha.

I think the graphics cards really give off the heat, so if you want some heat, get an older 5000 series graphics card and warm up :D

I usually take out a fan during winter and let there be more exhaust than intake fans. Doesn't do much for my PC's performance but if I close my door, it does wonders to the heat of my room.

I am living in a tropical country so whenever my computer heats up, i have to cool the place by having the electric fan near the laptop. At work, energy use and electricity eat a lot of the school's expenses as air cons are a necessity for the preseration of computers.

Back