Hosting Blogger Blog On My Own Web Server

mighty-quite

I am planning to start my own blog and looking for blogging platforms so that i do not face problems afterwards. I was looking at blogger and the question i want to ask the other users of this Webmaster forum is that is it possible to host the blogger blogs at my own web server. For now i will hosting the blog at their default servers but at later stage if i want to transfer it to my own web server what are the issues i can face at that time.
Is it both ways , i mean once i transfer blogger blogs and platform to run from my own webserver than can i do the reverse at some later time if decide to do so. Please guide me if any one has ever tried to accomplish this task.

I have never use blogger personally but i have heard that Blogger is a great platform. I am very positive that there will be a tool available for free to accomplish this task of hosting your blogger on your own Hosting server.

There is no way to transfer the files of a blogger site to your own hosting, site it is not very customizable. If you want a blog that you can change and really make your own, use Wordpress.

No I don't believe you can host a Blogger blog on your own server. Blogger is the hosting platform and you can get your own domain name to host it there, but you cannot change it to another hosting server as it will no longer be a Blogger blog. You can use Wordpress for this. I don't think Blogger has any kind of option for self hosting.

Back