Host your own website

kai_uk

Have you ever set up a web server and hosted your own website? It is easy to have it hosted on a shared server but you can setup one yourself on your own internet connection. Electricity bill will surge but it can be done.

I've never done a website, but I did used to run an internet radio station on my internet connection, it took WAY too much bandwidth as back then there was no such thing as unlimited broadband. :)

I've always wanted to, but I've never had a 24/7 stable connection and don't like the electricity costs. Plus you've got to have a static IP or at least use software to get a static IP, which can be troublesome.

Wow! I never knew this can be done!
But you are correct, keeping it running 24X7 will really suck my wallet.

How is it possible by the way?

I have XAMPP set up on my desktop computer, but it's just for me to test out web sites I am working on, it's not open to the public. I would never think of running a server off my personal internet connection. My ISP has a 250GB per month data cap, and I could see myself going over that way too quickly, then getting hit with extra fines.

Plus, why would you want to slow down your bandwith?

Hosting a website its an easy thinks , i actually onw aserver abs shared space for many clients , i suggest only one thonk pls check reviews and buy a good sever space for your websites

Prefer to start small since shared hosting services are the cheapest type of web hosting service you can see in the market today.

i actually onw aserver abs shared space for many clients , i suggest only one thonk pls check reviews and buy a good sever space for your websites
I have XAMPP set up on my desktop computer, but it's just for me to test out web sites I am working on, it's not open to the public. upcoming exam list I would never think of running a server off my personal internet connection. My ISP has a 250GB per month data cap, and I could see myself going over that way too quickly, then getting hit with extra fines.

Back