Hi from Australia

Jel

Hi Everyone, my name is Janelle or Jel, which I prefer to be called. I live in Canberra in a nice house with another lady who is my house mate, and I will be moving into a new place soon. I am looking forward to this as it will be great to have my own place again. I recently broke up with my fiance of 6 years, so I am trying to get through all of that and move on to bigger and better things in life.

I am a former employee from Defence, and worked as a civilian with the Royal Australian Navy for about 12 years. I had to leave this job due to illness and I am now receiving disability benefits for a chronic back injury and kidney disease. So, for the past 2 years I have been writing online and submitting articles to Australian magazines. I am starting to do well with my writing and I now see no reason why this cannot be a full time career.

Anyway, I have a daughter who is 24 and a 16 yo step son. My daughter lives with her partner about 20 miles away from me.

So that will do for now, hope to chat to you all soonish.

Jel

Welcome to EWD, Jel. I just read your story, and I like you for the fact that you've been in some odds. But, against it all you are still very positive.

Well, I pray and hope that you keep moving on to better things in life. And there's no reason why you shouldn't take writing as a full time career. Hopefully we'd see more of you here.

Back