Help

How do you increase your PR rank? I want to be a higher rank

For one, your PR rank isn't anything that can increase over night. Google updates a page rank I believe four times a year, no more than five. Now, the way I know that you can increase your page rank is this:
You have one blog that's page rank 1, while you're page rank 0. You get a high quality link in that and more Page Rank 1 blogs, after a few blogs, sometimes around 10-20 PR 1 blogs, you'll move up to a PR 1. You can also get your links out on higher blogs, however, it may be very difficult to do this unless you yourself are up to a somewhat equivalent page rank.

I'm sure someone here might explain this better than I, but in the long run, you have to get your backlink in good blogs with higher page ranks than what your page rank is at in order to up your own.

The key to getting higher PR is to keep posing high quality content and get backlinks from high quality authority sites. As BlackCobra has explained, it can't be done in a day but as you keep adding content and backlinks, your efforts will get rewarded. I would recommend that you focus on content and have a solid backlink strategy in place and Google will do the rest.

Bryce

Patience is a key to increasing your pagerank. As bryce12 said, you need to keep posting quality content - most important. Visit other people's blogs and do not spam anybody. I never add my link to any comment (your website will automatically be added to your name, no need for it in the body of your comment.) Meet and talk with other bloggers. This has been my best way for increasing my PR.

I talk with other bloggers, share their content and they often in return share your content. The best links to have are ones where people share your blog, much better then comments. I belong to blog communities where I meet other bloggers who blog about similar stuff.

Be sure you do not link to sites that are blacklisted by Google too. This is very important as it will affect you greatly. It is also better to have links on blogs that are relevant to yours. A bunch of links on blogs that are not at all relevant to your topic are not going to increase it.

Bottom line is create frequent and great content that people will want to share, help others by mentioning or sharing their blogs and visit other blogs. It will take time however you do it, there is no quick jump in PR. But if you work at your blog everyday, it is possible to increase from a 0 to a 2 in only a couple PR updates - these are usually every 3 months.

I apologise for being blunt but... what a load of hooey.

PR has nothing to do with quality, regularity of updates, content or anything else. It is governed by one thing and one thing alone: incoming links. That's it. It's a link analysis algorithm, nothing more.

If you want to get higher PR, get links. Simple as that. Get them from wherever you can, as often as you can and as many as you can. The more incoming, high-PR links you have, the higher your PR will go.

Of course, the important thing to realise is that having a high PR is completely pointless without all the other stuff. It's only one of hundreds of factors affecting your SERP so if you aim purely for PR increases, you'll end up with a PR9 site that no one actually visits (or wants to visit) or can find in a search engine. :uncomfortableness:

Like Alexa ranking, PR is only "important" because it's a visible measure and because noobs think it defines something more than it does... which means you can sell your site to them for loads of cash, even though it's rubbish. Woohoo!

I apologise for being blunt but... what a load of hooey.

PR has nothing to do with quality, regularity of updates, content or anything else. It is governed by one thing and one thing alone: incoming links. That's it. It's a link analysis algorithm, nothing more.

If you want to get higher PR, get links. Simple as that. Get them from wherever you can, as often as you can and as many as you can. The more incoming, high-PR links you have, the higher your PR will go.

Of course, the important thing to realise is that having a high PR is completely pointless without all the other stuff. It's only one of hundreds of factors affecting your SERP so if you aim purely for PR increases, you'll end up with a PR9 site that no one actually visits (or wants to visit) or can find in a search engine. :uncomfortableness:

Like Alexa ranking, PR is only "important" because it's a visible measure and because noobs think it defines something more than it does... which means you can sell your site to them for loads of cash, even though it's rubbish. Woohoo!

Yeah it has to do with your incoming links, but you will get better incoming links by producing quality content. If somebody finds your site useful, they are more likely to share it on their blog. Also the it is the quality not quantity of incoming links that matters.
I will use 2 of my blogs as an example. One of my blogs has maybe 1/3 of the amount of incoming links as the other one does. But yet the PR is better on the one with the less incoming links. That is because it has better quality incoming links then the other. It is a blog that people actually write about on their own on their blogs, they also share it for me.

PR can help when you are selling advertising. But I don't really worry about my PR any where near as much as the amount of traffic I get.

I will use 2 of my blogs as an example. One of my blogs has maybe 1/3 of the amount of incoming links as the other one does. But yet the PR is better on the one with the less incoming links. That is because it has better quality incoming links then the other. It is a blog that people actually write about on their own on their blogs, they also share it for me.

PR is the only thing that matters in PR calculations: the one with better PR has higher-PR sites linking to it and/or fewer outgoing links (since each outgoing link gives away part of the site's PR). Quality doesn't matter. You could have no outgoing links and one incoming from the worst pile of rubbish ever created - if that site is PR9, you get loads of link juice.

Quality matter to SERP, of course, but not to PR.

Back