Have you switched to ebooks?

Soliloquy

I really like the convenience of being able to buy an ebook and download it right away, plus reading on the monitor is easier for me with my physical disabilities. Now when have to buy a physical book, I send it off to be scanned. Do you prefer the physical book now, or have you switched over (whenever possible) to ebooks?

I like e-books, but I prefer an actual book. I really don't know why, but I prefer holding the book rather than having it on an electronical device. I just feel more comfortable when doing so.

I have made a couple of ebook purchases and I have to say that they are convenient. I tend to use it for quick reads though. If I find something that I really like, I go out and purchase the actual hardcover.

Having an actual book in my hands is a very different feeling. I don't know why but I dislike the fact that everything we have right now is being taken over with the inclusion of technology in our lifes. So +1 for actual book.

I like to read a physical book. I do not like to look at my computer screen for a long time. Also, I like the simplicity of reading a book with flipping the pages and whatnot. If it came to it, I could survive with ebooks, but until that time I am going to stay with physical books.

Yesterday I dropped a book. If I had an ipad it would have been a different cenario. And also you can't kill flies with an ipad. See, you can basically multitask with regular books. Amazing right?

I love ebooks. I love to read and have tons of actual books sitting around but they can be a real pain because they take up so much space. My boyfriend got me a tablet for Christmas and I've been reading ebooks ever since. I love the idea of being able to take a ton of books with me anywhere I go without literally having to drag physical books with me. I buy most of my books online and it was always a pain to wait on a book to get here so I love being able to get a book instantly. Of course that can lead to some impulsive purchases so I usually put books on a wishlist and go back later to make sure I still want them.

I still prefer the physical book. I can't get used to staring at a lit screen for hours to read text I get a bit dizzy. Although I do admit it's pretty convenient to bring around just a tablet that contains a lot of different titles as opposed to bringing around lots of books. I don't know, I guess I'll have to see when or if I ever do get used to it.

I think it really depends on the book I'm reading. If I'm trying to study something and I'm constantly flipping back and forth, I prefer to a physical copy. Most of the time though I just use the ebook version, because of the money and space saved.

I prefer physical books, but I do buy ebooks. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time. It doesn't make sense to deny the future of books and get left behind. ;) I have decided to buy a tablet or e-reader. I haven't made up my mind yet.

I switched when living abroads, because I had no access to traditional books in my language so I had to resort to downloading.

Before that I'd had a stigma against ebooks, but I quickly noticed how handy they really are.
Only downside is that they break easily(I sat on a kindle).

I also stopped buying paper books a long time ago. Admittedly part of the reason for this is that I live in China, and English novels aren't easy to come by here, but I love the convenience of being able to carry a library around on my phone/lap-pad and read anytime I have a free/quiet moment.

I do have paper books too, but frankly, as I also have e-copies, I've not used them in many a year.

I used to just go with PDF, but now it's mainly epub, as there are better readers for those.

I prefer ebooks over physical copies. They are more convenient to read, compact, and very lightweight. All you do is import your ebook from the web to your phone and you're done. Physical copies of books tend to be heavier, and a hassle to carry. I would only read and use them at home.

I prefer the both. I buy physical books as well as ebooks. I think, for our eyes looking to a physical book would be better than looking into monitor.

I like to read e-book because i love to stay with my computer along so thatswhyi love to read a online books....

Back