Good websites for downloading free fonts

sheepishwolf

I am looking for new fonts for a logo that needs to be made; does anyone have any suggestions for websites that offer free downloadable fonts? Preferably websites that have a lot of options for cursive-looking script fonts, and offer some old-book fonts.

The website that I commonly use to download fonts is UrbanFonts, because it has some very unique and interesting fonts. My favourite font from that website is Walt Disney Script v4.1 (created by Robert Johnson) and Bleeding Cowboys (created by Last Soundtrack)

There are already dozens of built in fonts in windows and never had to download any of those from other websites. If i ever do more styles and free fonts i will definitely give UrbanFonts a try. Do they have fonts for other languages like Chinese, French etc.

There are already dozens of built in fonts in windows and never had to download any of those from other websites. If i ever do more styles and free fonts i will definitely give UrbanFonts a try. Do they have fonts for other languages like Chinese, French etc.

I do not believe that they do at this point in time, although it would really be an improvement to the website if they did! I used to have a website bookmarked that had fonts in foreign languages as well, but it either got shut down or they changed the link when I wasn't paying attention to the site.

Does anyone know of any good font websites that have good fonts in languages other than English?

Other fonts in other languages may be available as i tried to google it but may be you have to search google in that that language to get a relevant search result. Although windows have few built in fonts for every language i guess.

Even though you can get some premium fonts at some really "legal" download sites :rolleyes: . You can find actual free for non-commercial fonts at tons of websites. DaFont.com and UrbanFonts.com are some.

Fontzone is my resort when it comes to downloadable fonts. They are a variety of collections to choose from, and the best part is free. It is updated from time to time so there is always new.

FontSquirrel is another one I've heard people using a lot. You might also want to check out Google Web Fonts, not only are they free to download but you can also embed them into your web pages too. If you do Google searches for phrases like "best free fonts 2013" or something like that, you will often get results for design blogs that have featured selections of free fonts.

These are really great resources guys! Thanks for all these..I checked them out and FontSquirrel is by far the best one I've tried.

I use dafont.com. It's the only site you really need for free fonts, because there's lot of them, and it's the most popular site for free font.

I agree. I think dafont is the best one out there because you can test out your chosen text instantly just by typing your desired text in the test box and the fonts will come up as previews. They also have a very well defined copyright category so you can instantly see whether a font is free to use for commercial or personal use only. This way you don't have to get confused and break the law unintentionally.

Google is the great website for downloading huge font. Just visit here and you can also find sample of the font

Google/fonts

I normally use 1001fonts.com, Fontsc.com and daFont.com to download free fonts.. their collection is good and updated so frequently..

Hello, there are many website that provides font creation which are downloadable but such fonts carries service providers brand names. So, I would suggest to code while going to free downloadable fonts or logos. Thanks

In Web Designing fonts play an important role to control how your web page appears.There are a lot of exceptional font styles available you can choose from without spending any money.If you google it you will have plenty of search results relating to it.

Last edited:
Back