Good at "winging" it?

MedicAlert

If you ever really designed a serious website, you know that you need to have a plan (either a wireframe or concept art) before you start coding it and stuff. I've done these things before, but I have also winged it.

No design, no clear picture, or anything but a single purpose and I was able to complete the website and it was pretty good looking.

How about you guys? Any stories like that? :rolleyes:

yes i agree it is a tough task to carry on but with help of latest tools and good skill of css java script and Photoshop one can easily develop design.

I wing it all the time, especially with coding. I just keep trying until I get it right, or steal someone else's code and bang it in to mine. There's the odd thing I get stuck on, but it's not the end of the world.

I generally wing it with a lot of my projects, at least to the effect that I don't waste a tremendous amount of time asking for their feedback on every small detail. I'm generally designing things for small businesses, who don't have much expertise to be making micro level design decisions like that. If you're not careful, and get them too involved in the process you can wind up being micromanaged to hell, the project taking forever, and having to make all kinds of crazy design compromises.

I usually put together a pretty far along version of the site, close to how it would look completed - then make some minor adjustments from there. I've seen some agencies come into places I've worked at where they would spend weeks just coming up with some basic black and white outlines of the placement of blocks on the site. I mean, seriously, how many people did it take to put that together?

Back