Getting Link from No-Follow site?

No follow is a value that can be assigned to the rel attribute of an HTML a element to instruct some search engines that the hyperlink should not influence the ranking of the link's target in the search engine's index.

The absence of the NoFollow tag makes the link DoFollow. If a blog or web site doesn't use the NoFollow tag, the search engines acknowledge the link; if a site does use the NoFollow tag, the search engines do not acknowledge the link.

Hello Folks,

I am confused between No-follow and Do-follow. Getting link from No-Follow site is useful for ranking?

It isn't because it has said to be that nofollow doesn't give a link juice.
But in my opinion, having both nofollow and dofollow is important; it should be balance.
It doesn't need to always be all about the link, but most importantly its quality and relevance to the site linking.

No follow is nothing but, NO follow is used by blogger forum -webmasters SEO 's and social media sites to restrict the follow of link juice while giving them a link...
while no follow attribute Provence the follow of link juice....

Nofollow-A tag that can be added to links not pass on link juice to website.
Dofollow-It is a backlink that passes on link juice to the linked to website.

Hello Folks,

I am confused between No-follow and Do-follow. Getting link from No-Follow site is useful for ranking?

By all means no follow links are useful in SEO and on the whole it might also bring in direct traffic/potential leads (it all depends on the linking content, and website). The very reason why SEO Community had long abandoned no follow links is because they don't pass link juice. And all that for boost to PR, but today PR is no longer a major factor (I didn't say it's not a factor) and hence the practice of ignoring nofollow is no longer reasonable.

In reality no follow links usually bring more traffic than Dofollow links, since no follow sites are not spammed by SEOs, it makes more sense to bring in links from these sites.

Back