Free Wordpress themes targeting monetizing and SEO

sheepishwolf

Does anyone have any recommendation for the best free wordpress themes that are particularly good for monetization and SEO? Some recommendations for premium themes that are good for SEO and monetization would also be appreciated, but mainly free ones.

The free version of the Pagelines theme is very good, but I don't find it very aesthetically pleasing.

Does anyone have any recommendation for the best free wordpress themes that are particularly good for monetization and SEO? Some recommendations for premium themes that are good for SEO and monetization would also be appreciated, but mainly free ones.

The free version of the Pagelines theme is very good, but I don't find it very aesthetically pleasing.

Personally I would avoid using these, but rather look at the overall design and try and create your own theme that has a lot of the same qualities, but without using the same theme code verbatim. Many of these themes get re-used over and over by a lot of spam sites, and it would be easy for Google to identify sites that are all using the same theme.

I agree with Tom. While it's great to start out with a theme others are having success with you will find that your biggest success will come when you start making custom changes to test what works for you.

No two sites are identical, spam not included, and so they won't react the same way to visitors. No two sites will get the exact same visitor profiles either so figure out what users in your niche like and test, test, test!

Agreed, just make sure you have a good looking site first instead of getting the profitable ones. Good looking website equals more user interaction equals more revenue.

I use a variety of different themes, depending on the site. Pagelines is OK though Platform is better, IMHO, and is one of the few that has a top widget area you can use for ads... since that's the prime position for clicks, it's pretty important!

Other than that, I use Magazine Basic on several sites, with customised CSS to make it slightly less old and wrinkly. It's basic but it has most of the essentials and doesn't waste time with sliders and other bizarre stuff that just uses space without giving any kind of benefit.

I really like the look of Montezuma as well but it's a total cow to adjust in any way so I only use it on a couple of sites. It's VERY white, too, which sucks... but it's so difficult to tweak... bah.

I have a couple of more graphical sites based on the Pinblack/Pinblue theme (again with changes). The thing with those is that the monetisation is VERY limited: there's no sidebar on the main page and only one on the single posts. That said, it looks nice so people tend to stick around a bit longer and, with galleries, they often arrive direct to a page from their search, so there's no major loss.

Other than that, I also have individual sites working on odd themes: one on Silver Orchid (which I absolutely love for magazine-style sites, even though it's a bit buggy), a couple on old StudioPress layouts (retro!), one on Themolio, one on QuikGallery and even one on QuickPic.

I find that monetisation relies less on the specific theme you choose than on the way the chosen theme suits the site.

I suggest you to customize the basic Wordpress theme to get your desired theme. It will be more SEO friendly as some theme has so many scripts, which increase website load time. As load time is a crucial point in search engine ranking as well as conversion so you can't avoid it. A custom theme developed by you or your team will be more beneficial. You can also contact top wordpress development company to build a custom theme.

I agree with Tom. While it's great to start out with a theme others are having success with you will find that your biggest success will come when you start making custom changes to test what works for you.

No two sites are identical, spam not included, and so they won't react the same way to visitors. No two sites will get the exact same visitor profiles either so figure out what users in your niche like and test, test, test!

Very good information Thank you

Back