Forum or Blog

luifranc

Which is easier to maintain, forums or blogs? I guess if you're a writer, blogs are a lot easier especially if you are passionate about the topic that you put in your blog. What are your thoughts on this?

Blog is really very easy to manage specially if the comments are disabled or some spam fighting plugin is installed. Forum on the other hand consists of inputs from different users and is more lively but this thing also make it more prone to bad guys and spammers.

Blogs and forums serve different purposes. A blog is very much a one-way traffic kind of communication. The blogger writes what he wants as and when he wants. Input from his readers is minimal. A forum is the sum total of the output of the forum community. There are so many members in the community with so many different opinions, So managing a forum takes a lot more work.

I agree with Victor. A blog and forum are different purposes. I have a few sites, but my blog is my main site. It's relatively easy to maintain. Sometimes, I get the occasional spammer, but that's it.

A forum has many different people with different personalities. It requires a lot more effort to maintain and manage than a blog. I think a forum would be a worthwhile endeavor, but the time involved scare me off from creating one.

I definitely like having a forum. It maybe difficult to maintain for it needs to look active and making peopel active in a forum is somehow more difficult to do. But as long as I can write something adn add contents to it myself, I guess I can do it along with a blog.

Maintaining a forum is more easy I think!
It is about the flexibility and feature that we get. I like to have a forum than a blog I will say! :)
Also, we get to have a unique content, whereas, at blog, we may tend to have a copy-paste content!

Interesting answers. Most of you would prefer a blog and I totally get it. Forums could indeed be prone to spammers but with strict administration, they could be avoided. I think the same thing goes to blogs. There are comments on blogs that appears to just be spams as well. Sigh...

Blogs are definitely easier to maintain. If you had a forum, you would need moderators and that alone is a sign of a higher maintenance site. Still, I prefer forums to blogs, as information on forums tend to originate from a lot more people as opposed to just one or a few writers on a blog. They both serve a different purpose, I suppose.

In my opinion if you want to express your opinion then the blog is the best for you, but if you want to express your opinion and hear other people's opinion on certain subjects then forum is the way to go for you.

If someone is a writer and they love to write, then as you said, a blog would be easier to maintain. It would be easier to maintain because they would be writing to their hearts content and they would love that they are doing that. However, if someone wanted to connect with other people and have in-depth debates, then a forum would be more fun and easier to maintain. The forum would allow them to have discussions more easily with people and will provide an easier way to exchange opinions

I think it really depends on what type of internet writing you like to do. I think that it would be easier to be a blog owner because you have more control on what appears on the site. The creator of a forum may not always be present to the members there. They are usually behind the scenes making sure people are not spamming threads, and they're organizing forum topics. A forum administrator has a lot of content to read over. They often have to hire moderators to help out with keeping the site in order. A blog owner can focus on a niche subject or a few subjects that they are really passionate about. You can interact with your audience on a closer level. You decide what type of content will be on the site. They have to moderate comments as well, but there is less content from other users to review over.

For me, a blog is easier to manage, but it's not as open as a forum. In a forum, it is easier to communicate with other people, but in a blog, there's not that much communication going on.

After running a blog and a forum on different subjects they each can be difficult. Especially if you are starting your forum from scratch. Until it takes off you are responsible for providing all the content but that is the case all the time with a blog. So I think a forum is more work at the onset but a blog will be more work in the long run.

After running a blog and a forum on different subjects they each can be difficult. Especially if you are starting your forum from scratch. Until it takes off you are responsible for providing all the content but that is the case all the time with a blog. So I think a forum is more work at the onset but a blog will be more work in the long run.

Somehow I see this differently. A blog needs only to be updated once a week for it to be considered an active blog. Of course, in the beginning, you have to post more frequently to fill the blog with content. Then as time goes by, things become more relaxed. A forum also requires a lot of work to fill it with content at the beginning. However, unlike a blog, as the forum grows, the workload increases. True, you will have other people providing the content via forum posts. However you still have to keep an eye on things to weed out bad posts. And as more and more people join the forum, this becomes a bigger and bigger task.

Online journal is truly simple to oversee uncommonly if the remarks are incapacitated or some spam battling module is introduced. Gathering then again comprises of inputs from various clients and is all the more energetic however this thing additionally make it more inclined to awful folks and spammers.

From the help of leo privacy i can hide pics and videoes.i give it 500000000stars if it is possible....Thanks for my friend tolding that this one is used to locking videos.This app is the best. I suggest u to download this app.

Back