Forcing HTTP to HTTPS causing 404 error

Albertwu

I have a website based on WordPress, and one section of it is built by external programmers (the backend). I was able to force all connections to go on HTTPS instead of HTTP using a plugin for the WordPress part, but for this specific area which isn't WordPress-based I had to do something else. My knowledge is restricted so I just googled it and found I should create an .htaccess file inside the specific folder with the following:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} folder
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.yourdomain.com/folder/$1 [R,L]

I did just that, and now when I'm trying to access that area, it says it doesn't exist (404 error):

Code:
The requested URL /backend/auth/login was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
The weird thing is, when I try to access directly the link The requested URL /backend/index.php, it does work and redirects me to:

Code:
/backend/index.php/auth/login

I don't know how to fix it or what to do but actually I don't see an "auth" folder in there, but it works under index.php

In addition, when trying to reverse what I did, I deleted the .htaccess file, but it still isn't working, which is really weird.

Any ideas?... Thanks!

Back