Dot net or PHP

giovanni.golch

Hi,

I m switching my IT field and would like to plan for learning programming, anyone please let me know which one to go for, i want to learn programming as quickly as i can because i m already a good researcher and someone told me that if you are connected to research, program will be bit easier for me. Do you think so?

ASP.NET is a development framework for building web pages and web sites with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and server scripting. PHP is a server scripting language, and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages quickly.

Depends on what you're going for. If it's just to get started with the concepts of programming, something like VB or .NET wouldn't be a bad place to start. Java or Python aren't bad either if you want something simpler for desktop stuff. PHP is more server oriented, and geared towards online applications/website coding.

PHP is a server scripting language, and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages quickly. It provide the security to user.php is good proggraming language..............................

ASP.Net is better because it define web ,system as well as console based programmings and when you getting interest on that you learn quickly.

ASP.NET is better because it define web, system and console based programmings languages and when you get interest on that you learn quickly.

Both language have good demands in today, .net is best for security purposes and high level of project is made in .net framework, whereas PHP is less costly and it is profitable for small project.

Both languages have their own plus and minus points. Learning web programming is not as easy as you might think - just because you are a good researcher doesnt imply that you can learn both or any faster. You should be prepared for tough competition if you are planning to work as a web programmer (just that things are more competitive here).

As for the easier learning, it would depend on what is your experience. Still, Asp.Net seems to be easier to learn. I learned ASP first and then migrated to PHP. PHP way back in 2005 was not that well documented and even required me to learn many other things. ASP was easier just because it ran smoothly on ISS on Windows XP and I had not to bother much about installtion and configurations.

I think PHP is better because it is easy, open source server site programming language, It is also cost effective and best for ERP projects.

actually its totally depend on you what you want to do actually both has there value in niche field if think your quick learner then why don't go with .net . if package matter to you then .net has more value else php

Both language are good but it depends on you.PHP is open source language hereof there are lots of resources you can learn from.

Back