domain name held hostage ... any advice?

scarlett

It seems my domain is being held hostage by the current registrar. I've transferred 15 domain names from various registrars in recent months so I'm familiar with the process. All transfers have gone through fine until now.

The sticking point is that I've already received the authorization code from the current registrar and provided it to the new registrar, who has notified the current registrar. The new registrar considers the transfer to be in a normal state, no problem. I am waiting to get a notice by e-mail from the current registrar to confirm the request, but I have not received it. (I checked the e-mail address of record and it's current.)

I contacted the current registrar and they deny receiving the notification. But I believe it was sent, as I have a notice to that effect from the new registrar.

I'm inclined to trust the new registrar and have learned to be suspicious of the current registrar based on past experience, but I find myself caught in the middle.*

I began the process 7 days ago. My previous transfers were all completed with a week's time.*

Any thoughts on what to do about this problem?

Thanks

In most cases I found the domain actually not held by the Registrar. The domains held by the reseller domain provider or even worse held by a person who acted as if a domain registrar.

Back