Domain Evaluation Tools

w3bm4st3r

How do you all feel about domain evaluation tools? I know they are based on a simple algorithm and like any algorithm there are obvious flaws, but do you give credit to any results that come from domain evaluations? It seems they're mainly based off of traffic of the exact match keywords in the domain name from my understanding, so there has to be some kind of credibility to it, but the numbers are profound often. What are some better ways to get a domain appraisal besides using automated domain evaluation tools?

I've seen forums that have a category just for domain appraisals and domain evaluation or website appraisal, but it seems like the members would be biased because the sites always are for buying websites and domains. If I was considering buying a car from someone and they asked what I thought it was worth I'd of course low ball it to get a better price, so what is an accurate way to get a domain / website appraisal?

Well if the domain is high in demand, like if it has high traffic and it has for example "Money" or "freebies" in it. If you also take into consideration what the domain pointed to originally you get an estimate from there as well. Its all in what the buyers are willing to pay. If your selling a domain, sell it at auction while setting the reserve where it satisfies your estimation of its value.

You will only know what specific domain names are in demand if you look it up in any keyword tools. Those with the highest searches means that the keyword of the domain is in high demand.

xHysteria.

Well if the domain is high in demand, like if it has high traffic and it has for example "Money" or "freebies" in it. If you also take into consideration what the domain pointed to originally you get an estimate from there as well. Its all in what the buyers are willing to pay.

Back