Does Same Background Color Adsense Have High CTR

olotup

I was reading some optimization tips for adsense and one of them was to blend the ads in website by same background color of Adsense ads with the background of website. I did not noticed any improvement or what so ever by following this strategy.

What is your experience and do you think its a good strategy to make Adsense CTR high.

The adsense ads change almost every time you load the page. How are you supposed to make the background color match the ads? I guess if you do not use the image ads you can adjust the background color to match the text ads but I think if people see something that interests them they will click. I think what google is saying with the optimization is that people will be less likely to think they are scam ads since they are not made to overly stand out. Which makes sense.

I don't think it affects CTR directly. It might just be advised because it is considered less intrusive and therefore more palatable to your audience. If they do not feel like they are being sold to, then they are more likely to give your site a chance, because chances are they are already fed up with sites whose only purpose is to put up ads and sell them stuff, and not really to provide content.

I think if it's a text-only ad with the same background color as the rest of the page, and if the ad inserted in a very natural position like, say, as a thin banner without borders in between posts, there is a good chance that it will be clicked because it doesn't look so obviously like an ad.

that would almost be impossible as you aren't choosing the ads appearing on your page. the only thing you can do is make the experience as non-interruptive as possible when placing ads on the site (and ideally not placing so many of them).

Back