Does making your screen bright reduce its life or effect the quality?

sweetcorn

Whosoever owns a laptop adjusts the screen brightness according to how they like it. Many people prefer a little dull so that its does not have an adverse effect on their eyes. However some people like it bright, a little too bright to sometimes. Does too much brightness effect the life or quality of the screen?

I personall, wouldn't really think it would make that much of an impact on your laptop screen's life. I would figure that they would make the setting available to you for a reason, and wouldn't allow it to be so if such settings would have a negative impact on your device.

Well, I prefer mine to be dull in order to conserve the battery. But, I really don't think it would have an adverse effect on the screen of the laptop if you have it to be very bright. Although, sometimes when I'm typing in the dark, I'd increase the brightness to illuminate the keyboards.

I don't think brightness affect the screen badly. Many of us are adjusting screen brightness for long battery life or for conserving battery.

Yeah it won't damage the screen or anything, brightness is simply personal preference or for battery saving. The screen brightness is the biggest battery drainer.,

How much of a difference in battery life you see also depends on your usage. If you're a power user, lowering the brightness setting can get you a good two hours of extra battery life, but if you don't use your phone that much you won't really see a big difference. If you don't feel like futzing about with your phone's brightness settings, you can automate the process on Android with Tasker, or on a jailbroken iPhone with SBSettings. An even easier solution is to use darker wallpapers and themes. While we've known for a while that lowering the brightness on your devices extends the battery life, it's nice to know just how much it can save you over time. Head over to Wired for the full breakdown and mathematics of it all.

Back