Does anyone use readyboost?

kai_uk

Witrh USB 3.0 technology available the use of readyboost can offer even higher performance. However, i have never used it but am considering it. Has anyone tried readyboost on vista with usb 3.0?

Witrh USB 3.0 technology available the use of readyboost can offer even higher performance. However, i have never used it but am considering it. Has anyone tried readyboost on vista with usb 3.0?

Yet not tried that and eSpecially not with the Vista. I don't think that I have use that in future as it speed is awesome and no need to ready boost.

I tried it on my Lenovo All In One desktop system, with 4GB of RAM and an i3 processor. To be honest, I really didn't notice any change in speed. I had a 32GB USB memory stick sitting around so I gave it a try in my USB 3.0 port and configured it as instructed. It really didn't make any difference when I was doing some resource heavy stuff in Photoshop or playing a game or rendering some video. I've read elsewhere that if you have over 2GB of memory, it's really not going to help anything.

I even had some other program running in conjunction that was supposed to routinely free up any memory that programs were holding on to, and honestly it felt like my computer was running more slowly if anything. It would routinely seize up when it was trying to flush some of the memory.

Back