Do you trust Facebook with your personal information?

sweetcorn

Facebook is a social media forum where a person submits his or her entire personal data. I myself have a Facebook account but sometimes i feel like being to open to the world. One uploads their photos, statuses and reveals contacts online. Do you think we're doing it right?

Not anymore with the NSA spying. I don't even use Facebook that much anymore, why would I trust it with my personal information? Even when I was addicted to using Facebook everyday, I never put up my phone number, or specific location. It's way too dangerous to put your personal information online now.

I never did and I never will, especially after those news leaking out that they have been handing all our personal information to Government and other agencies. What you think is a private talk is not private guys. It's pretty overt that your personal data is not safe over there.

Tats' why I don't even sign up using Facebook as the medium.

I seldom update my Facebook status nor do I visit Facebook for that matter. I used to hang-out very often when it was just becoming a hit. But after a while, it became saturated with trolls and stalkers.

Well it depends what information you have given them, I have never gave them anything that I would consider personal, such as my address, bank/credit card details, even the phone number I had to give was a PAYG sim that I bought for $1 just for that purpose.

Back