Do links you post in Twitter help your search rankings in Google and Bing?

I do not think so because on twitter, you only post the shortened links. Longer links means a waste of the 140 character limitation. Going by that, if you do not post shortened URLs, then too, I think they will not be doFollow ones. Hence no benefit from Search Engine Point of view.

The only good thing can be, these links can get you good traffic if rightly used and you are with right people.

I've never seen any Twitter links to specific tweets in search engines so I would say 'No'. I still use Twitter though because it is a great way of getting your content shared, but if you are looking at having your social media antics rank in Google then I'd look at Google+, that seems to be the only one at the moment that does it.

Nope, simply because twitter isn't made for ranking purposes, it is for social media and micro blogging service. Twitter user shares (tweet) information about any topic within 140-character limit. Through social networking sites, users are capable to follow influential people, brand and businesses around the world. Let's say, twitter is an avenue to market, advertise and share ideas online.

I suppose in the long run. I would spread my backlinks from all places possible, except for low quality spam sites. Just keep on posting, don't stop. Don't spam as well.

Back