Difference Between Graphic Designer & Web Designer?

Not too much difference dear. Both are designers.. Web designer is basically for websites and Graphic designer that works in Photo-shop to make Images or banners.

Web Design create and modify all aspects of a web site, including graphics, content, performance and capacity.
Skills needed: JAVASCRIPT, jQUERY, PHP, WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT, USER INTERFACE DESIGN

Graphic Design create visuals to meet precise commercialor promotional needs, such as packaging, displays or logos.
Skills needed: ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE, TYPESETTING, CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT, MARKETING MATERIALS, ART DIRECTION

I started as a graphic designer in East London In the traditional sense of the term a graphic designer is more print media orientated and also digital media flyers poster logos and so forth. A web designer makes that visual elements of a website the front end coding although this has never been set in stone . I see more and more as time goes by that graphic and web designers do both. Then you get developers and marketers which are deeper into each field . BUT even that line is becoming blurred with full stack programmers and marketing being taught in graphic design courses. Things change.

I am now at a stage where i know something about everything graphic design , web development , content writing, marketing , seo and adwords.

Last edited:
This is incorrect most colleges teach basic web design in graphic design courses today like html and css. Also google considers the word graphic design to be latent symatic keywords to web design
and web designer. Print media is falling fast and graphic desners are becoming web designers and ux desgner using their visual commutation and marketing teachings and appying it online. A web designer inthe traditional sense has none of those skills.

This is because google has become so user metrics driven that marketing is needed it is no longer acceptable to create a site that just works, it needs to look good , it needs to be effiecient ait needs marketing techniques applied skills possessed by graphic designers.

This is why i say its becoming a grey area the line of dived now only lies between back end developers and the rest.

The graphics designer is one type of artist he or she is responsible for a graphics on a project. they have to create an image by hand or technically.They must have to create a unique and meaningful image sometimes it was involved in printing, advertising, and promotion.

Web Designer is responsible for technical and computer-related aspects of projects.web designer is responsible for the look of a site, programming, HTML code web designer can use graphics for projects they also have to work with customer support and need.
Hope it will Help You....:eek:

Back