Developing a Forum

garfish

If you are developing a forum and you somehow made it look like its a busy forum and so some users are gradually joining the forum. How are you going to maintain the way it is forum without you going and joining the replies and postings from time to time?

Get a posting partner

The best way is to start a forum with a posting partner. Then you can populate the forum with a lot of posts and all the posts will be genuine. Another way is to organize postathon parties with your real life buddies. Get a few of them together. Tell them to bring their laptops. Supply drinks and snacks. Have a fun time chasing each other's posts all over the forum. Do it once a week and you will soon have an active forum.

That would still be costly though unlike having to have posts exchange program form people who also owns a forum. I will be developing mine but I don't know anyone who will be interested because I just move in here in my current city and the forum I am developing is about the City, kind of travel forum.

I do hope someone will be interested if they find out about my ad. Have you tried what you suggested?

The thing with that recommended post exchanging website is that people will visit your forum, 1 out of 20 will like it and read the thread before posting, 9 out of 20 will read the thread before posting just because they want to post on subject and 10 out of 20 will post without reading the thread, just by looking at the thread's title. I would recommend you starting with some friends and populating it. Or go to forums from your niche, post a lot of posts, quality ones and place your link into your signature.

I have to admit, though I've never started multiple accounts on my forums myself, I've sometimes taken over spammer's accounts when they had a decent name, erased their links and substituted a genuine post of my own.

The thing with that recommended post exchanging website is that people will visit your forum, 1 out of 20 will like it and read the thread before posting, 9 out of 20 will read the thread before posting just because they want to post on subject and 10 out of 20 will post without reading the thread, just by looking at the thread's title. I would recommend you starting with some friends and populating it. Or go to forums from your niche, post a lot of posts, quality ones and place your link into your signature.

This is true. I have seen threads where the posts have gone way off topic, but people still respond to the original thread even though the response is not relevant anymore. Posting parties are good, but the thing is you have to keep it up until the forum is self sustaining and that can take awhile.

I feel like the most important factor to creating a genuinely active forum is getting it to a point to where it's active whether you post or not before you decide to leave it to the community. One of the best tips I've gained is from a friend that attempted to develop a forum. He told me that he created too strong of a bond/relationship between himself and the members of the community so when he left they left as well because they were mainly there conversing with him. You want to create an environment that's self sustaining and has very relevant and current boards to choose from. I'm in the process of starting my first forum so I can't give you any 100% guarantee as I haven't achieved success myself, but through all my research these are some of the key aspects of creating an active forum. The biggest factor of course is the main theme/genre/niche that you're building around. If you choose the wrong type of forum then it will never succeed. Do your research before you pull the trigger and buy a domain and start investing all your time/resources into creating a forum.

I think you need to find places where people who will like your forum hang out, and try and let them know about it. I started a story/writing forum, and back then Bebo had a writing area, so I splashed the name of my forum all around there (Welcome To Tome City! hehe), and slowly managed to get people who liked to write there. Obviously Bebo has degraded now, especially for that, but I also use advertising on other writing/story sites with, for example, Projectwonderful.com

You want to create an environment that's self sustaining and has very relevant and current boards to choose from. I'm in the process of starting my first forum so I can't give you any 100% guarantee .

The best way is to start a forum with a posting partner. Then you can populate the forum with a lot of posts and all the posts will be genuine. Another way is to organize postathon parties with your real life buddies. Get a few of them together. Tell them to bring their laptops. Supply drinks and snacks. Have a fun time chasing each other's posts all over the forum. Do it once a week and you will soon have an active forum.

Just explore what it means to you

One of the most common methods of posting on a forum is to use the reply function. When you create a reply, you're adding to an ongoing discussion in the thread you're viewing. Once a reply is submitted, it can be viewed as a post by other forum members and they can then reply to your comments.

At most times, the reply button can be found in the top-right corner of the first post in the thread you're viewing. Clicking the reply button will take you to the posting page where you'll create your message. If a thread is locked or you don't have permission to post in that topic, you may not be able to see or use the reply button due to posting restrictions. For more information on the posting page and the formatting options available there, refer to the Creating a Forum Thread section of the help guide.

Re: Get a posting partner

The best way is to start a forum with a posting partner. Then you can populate the forum with a lot of posts and all the posts will be genuine. Another way is to organize postathon parties with your real life buddies. Get a few of them together. Tell them to bring their laptops. Supply drinks and snacks. Have a fun time chasing each other's posts all over the forum. Do it once a week and you will soon have an active forum.[/Q]
i agree with you, good idea

Re: Get a posting partner

My coporation is the senior partner of FB in VietNam so we have many business FB accounts to help you run ads more effective than personal accounts. If you need a reputable business account of FB to run ads and increase traffic, just contact me, please!
My skype: eriklehnsher11

Essay writing services reviews are very helpful for customers to find out the right place to get their papers written. There are more possible to get cheated in this virtual world. Read the reviews before order the essay. Well take care and get a good paper. best essay writing reviews will show you the best essay writing service.

Back