curvy smartphones

kai_uk

This is going to be the next big thing and is already out in some east asian countries. Not sure if i will get one as it probably won't fit in my pocket, but apparently they are easier to hold. Do you think they will be popular?

For me personally it is more of a marketing gimmick and not of much importance in my decision making when shopping for a new phone. What I'm more interested in is the durability of the phone, which the LG Flex at least seems to offer. Aside from that I would prefer my phone to be flat personally. I use things like those non slip pads to secure my phone on my dashboard or arm rest, and I could see a curved phone not working well with those.

I'm not fussed. A slight curve might be alright, but it's definitely a marketing gimmick. They are talking about curved screens for tv's, but unless you're sat perfectly in the middle then the screen will be distorted.

The whole thing is just a marketing gimmick that may catch, but quickly fade. There is no interest in these types of phones at all and consumers just don't care. We won't better hardware and better software with cosmetics as a bonus.

I don't think I would consider curvy smartphones because it's more like marketing kind of business. I would think I will have a hard time trying to get adjusted to the curvy smartphones because I can't even imagine to have a screen that's bendable. I think phablets are getting more popular because more and more people would go for smartphones with a bigger screen. About curvy smartphones, I don't think it's going to be the hype like Apple's IPhone when it first came out into the market.

I really don't see the appeal of curved screens. Flexible displays, sure, but just having a simple slight curve to the screen of your phone doesn't really introduce any "revolutionary" things. It feels slightly different, and that's about all. I'm honestly having trouble finding any legitimate uses for a display that's really slightly curved in one way.

Back