coral draw vs photoshop

Corel Draw is a competitor to Adobe Illustrator - both are vector editing applications. Although I am more of a fan of Adobe products, when Adobe recently announced some of the new features it added to Illustrator, some Corel users were chiming in explaining that these features have existed for years in Corel Draw. So there may be some benefits there, aside from price alone. Also, I don't believe Corel is doing any goofy pricing structures like Adobe Creative Cloud.

Corel Painter would be their competitor to Adobe Photoshop. Unfortunately I've not played around with Painter enough to say how it compares to Photoshop. I tried it out again a few months ago and couldn't figure out how to do anything comparable to Layers in Photoshop, quickly got frustrated and uninstalled it, if that helps. I will say, there does seem to be a much larger base of Photoshop users, so finding plugins and tutorials is much easier.

Photoshop is a raster based programme. It is primarily photo retouching software and is the industry standard (there are alternatives but they are dwarfed by Photoshop in terms of market share). It is also used for illustration and work from scratch, in this area it faces competition from Painter, which, in my opinion, is superior software. 3d printing mumbai pune india

Corel Draw is a vector based programme. It can be used to produce illustrations, logotypes and to layout type (which Photoshop is poor at). It faces competition from Adobe Illustrator (among others), both Corel Draw and Illustrator are popular, Illustrator is probably the more popular, especially among professional graphic designers (Corel Draw is not available for Macs running OSX).

The main difference is that a raster based image has a limit to the amount it can be enlarged before the resolution is so poor that you cannot see it clearly, a vector based image will expand as much as you like without losing quality, vector images can also be adjusted simply whereas raster images require far more thought and work to adjust.

3d printing chennai kolkata india

Photoshop for Raster Design and CorelDRAW for Vector Design.
Photoshop from Adobe and CorelDRAW from Corel.
Reportedly, Photoshop is the best for Raster Design and CorelDRAW is the best for Vector Design. Although I love Illustrator for vector works.

Back