Cool / hot running laptops - name and shame!

MorgUK

So I don't have a laptop at the moment because I prefer desktops, on reason is because of heat! When a laptop has poor cooling it can get really hot and annoying. I thought we could do a thread recommending good laptops for heat and shaming the bad ones.

From my experiance:

Coolest: ASUS! - Most have cool touch technology so the heat is dispersed instead of in one location. The touchpad will always be cool and not hot and uncomfortable.

Hottest: HP / Compaq - Every HP or Compaq I've used has been terrible with heat. OK a brand new one might be OK for a month, but it will happen and it will be scortching. It's a shame, HP design some nice looking laptops. Look at the new Chromebook 11, that's HP and Google has just stopped selling them.. guess why? Overheating..

I also use a desktop but because i prefer the keyboard, mouse and monitor setup. Also they tend to last longer as they are less prone to overheating.

Hottest: HP / Compaq - Agree with that one. One person came to be with an overheating HP laptop and i discovered the fan stopped working. I had to unclog the dust from it with a vacuum cleaner then it started again

Coolest - not sure, haven't seen the asus yet but will keep it in mind when i next see one.

Back