Codecademy

I completely love Codecademy. In fact I could say that I am addicted. Just a few weeks ago I stated the JavaScript course and I have already learned to code a few games of my own! Of course they are fairly simple cames but it feels great to have made them myself. The only problem that I have had with codecademy is that sometimes the teacher of the course changes which slightly breaks the consistency of the lessons. Despite that I still love to learn how to code from codecademy.

Yeah, I started with Codeacademy a few weeks ago (python, javascript, php). I like the self-paced nature of it, because I don't have time to be as regular with my studies as I would prefer. Plus, the short lessons help you get a good sense of progress.

I have used CodeAcademy. I had learned HTML by myself, but I remembered that my dad said that he would pay me to take coding lessons, so I took him up on the offer... I thought the site explained the basics pretty well. The site has a good area for HTML, and actually helped me remember some of the basics.

I have never used Codecademy. But it seems me informative yet interesting to learn Web development languages.

ah, yes, the codeacademy also has some good sections on jQuery and they even cover the Objected Oriented Stuff in PHP. I have been learning a few things from their tutorials and hope that I would get a better in-depth knowledge of OO-Php soon.

I have used it for about a day or two, and it's very unique and a great way to learn coding. I didn't turn to it for HTML since I forget things very quickly, but that will definitely be the one I use first when I return to learning another coding language in the future. I tried it with C++ and Python but it was too complex for me. My attention span is really bad as well, so I quit very easily.

I have used CodeAcademy. I have not finished the Java course yet, but I plan on doing so soon. After that I want to learn C++ to program games. Is Java a good gateway programming language into C++?

There was an interesting article recently about the influx of people trying to learn to code these days on sites such as CodeAdacemy. I'm not sure if I entirely buy that this is happening or merely the authors perception of things.

Where The Coding Craze Is Going Overboard | TechCrunch

But there are some good points made, mainly around at least learning to be able to read code and have a basic understanding of it, if not explicitly to do it from scratch yourself.

I think a lot of Computer Scientists are getting a little put out by so many people saying that they learned to code and they didn't have to waste a bunch of years in school or money to do it. They see their work as a lot more than just coding and I suppose it is, I've never gone into how much they do, but there seems to be a bit of a backlash to this new hobby of the world.

Back